Friday, March 23, 2018

Seashell mermaid

Have you ever played with Grafix Shrink film? If not, you should try it, cause it's lots of fun and easy to do. So easy that you can take it with you to the beach to play with on those afternoons when the rain storms roll in across the ocean.


I had some awesome Rubbermoon stamps gifted to me recently and they were so easy to stamp on the sheets using my Stazon ink. Grafix sent me some of their new gold and silver metallic shrink film to play with. I love how shiny the colors are, my photos don't do them justice.


Next, just color them in, and I used my PITT pens, look how bright and pretty they are!

Next, you cut them out and make sure to punch holes in them if they are going to be a charms but they are also great for adhering to cards, and mixed media projects! 

My friend Bridgette found this little shell on the beach with the perfect hole at the top to hang the little mermaid charm from that I drew and shrank. I poured some DecoArt Glamour Dust into the shell and let it sit overnight to dry. Kristen has such an eye for things I never would have thought of, like using some broken shells as wings...omg, I loved that idea! I'll never look at a broken shell the same way again!
Linking up my seashell mermaid to Paint Party Friday!

View from our room.

Some of those rain clouds I was talking about, although it never did rain, it was just overcast and windy...very windy!

I don't know if you can see him but there is a small alligator tucked into those reeds. 

We had a spur of the moment mani-pedi day after brunch on Sunday. 

All smiles!

My niece who lives at the beach brought her little man up to visit his old grand aunt for the day.

Great trip: wonderful friends and family combined with some fun art,
life was fine this past week!

18 comments:

Faye said...

Gorgeous seashell mermaid! So creative. Thanks for the shrink wrap idea. I will see if I can find some locally. I need some charms for some bead bracelets we are making at the nursing home I visit.

Latane Barton said...

Now I'm jealous.. you are at the beach! Such a cute mermaid which I think is also an angel with those cute wings. You have a great weekend...we are due some snow - again!! UGH

Valerie-Jael said...

Sounds like you had a fun vacation. Love the mermaids creation. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

will check out the shrink wrap link thanks. Lovely art today and beautiful photos, love the seashore one.

Linda Kunsman said...

That material sounds just like the shrink plastic I use which comes in clear, white and translucent. It must be stamped on with permanent ink and then gets colored, heated to make little pieces or charms.Fun mermaid piece! Looks like a great time you had with your family. Happy PPF!

Lorraine said...

what a beautiful place to live..I often give myself a mini pedicure. I like your shrink experiments

denthe said...

These are so cute, and your little mermaid certainly has found herself a beautiful new home! Very creative!

A Colorful World said...

Very interesting pieces! Loved your day out as well.

Beth Niquette said...

How creative you are! I like what you did very much.

Jean said...

Love the mermaid and the shrink pieces very creative

KateHolloman said...

Fun drawings and what a great place to be! Happy PPF :)

Laila said...

Lovely small charms you've made, and the mermaid is beautiful.

DVArtist said...

What a lovely post. I really like what you did with the shrink plastic. The shell piece is awesome. Looks like you had a great time.

Cindy Dauer said...

Wonderfully fun and colorful images, and how cool to make little charms! What is it about those little campers that is so cute?!

SLScheibe said...

Those are really cute! What a fun idea. I think your little mermaid is adorable! I love those old campers too.

BLOGitse said...

Not heard about shrink film before...curious me had watch the video - it's poor magic what happens in the oven! :)

Jackie PN said...

What a fun post Sandee! The shrinks are adorable and I just love that tiny shell!!
Fun photos as well- bet it was a really nice visit!
hugs,Jackie xx

Lynda Shoup said...

The shell! My heart is all aflutter! The glitter inside the shell and the other elements added. My, oh, my it is wonderful. I think I might have some shells lying about here somewhere....