Friday, January 19, 2018

Boutique boots


BOOT MUSIC!!!!
I kinda think you need boot music my friends for this post!


Are you ready boots? start walking!


Whether you are painting tennis shoes or painting a pair of shoes, consider it as a fashion trend! It's all the rage to upcycle these days so why not give an old pair of boots a little winter flair. I mean, yes, I could throw out my boots because the heels were pretty much trashed and spend $$$ on a new pair but why when these just needed some stylish TLC. So off I went to Pinterest to get some ideas and I settled on these 2 for my inspiration.


I used Gwen's Decorative Six Petal Flower stencil to emulate the heel on the left.

To get the lines painted I used some old washi tape to guide me to for the stripe. And then stamped Rubbermoon's Mod Marks Dark - Rubber Art Stamp as an accent on the white stripe.

To jazz them up a bit I applied Mirror Gold embossing powder to create the small line. I laid a thin line of double stick tape along the white stripe and then covered the tape with the EP. I really love how the embossing worked out!

These boots are walking over to
Paint Party Friday
to see what everyone has been doing this past week!

26 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, your boots are fantastic, what a fab makeover. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Cindy Dauer said...

What a cool idea! Now you've got a stylish and unique set of boots to conquer the world! :)

Unknown said...

Wow these are beautiful!

Gillena Cox said...

Luv Luv Luv shoes and I sooo luv the floral boot heel. Good video accompany

Happy PPF. Thanks for dropping in at my blog today.

much love...

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

O. M. Gggggg! I love love love what you did! So creative and beautiful results!

froebelsternchen said...

How amazing and cool is this! AWESOME!
Happy weekend Sandee!

Jackie PN said...

Sandee!!!!!!
These are gorgeous! And what an absolutely Brilliant idea! I just love the look and design you came up with! You go girl!! start walking...
Hugs,Jackie xx

Linda Kunsman said...

great idea to paint the heels-so fun looking! Happy PPF!

peggy gatto said...

Awesome redo!!! you rock!!

Christine said...

cute boots!

Jean said...

Always loved that song and those boots are gorgeous.

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

How wonderful are these!! I really love them!!!

denthe said...

You are amazing! I even have trouble to use stencils on a flat piece of paper. How on earth do you manage this on heels of boots!? It is stunning and very original!

Faye said...

Very creative! Your boots are gorgeous!

Jill McDowell said...

Sandee, I’m absolutely in love with your boots!👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏. You hit this one right out of the ball park!

Giggles said...

Stunning! Love how fabulous they look! Our age is showing with this song which will now be an ear worm for the weekend! Lol You are so talented! I love upcycling and have done it my whole life as did my mom and now my daughter! The gold embossing is terrific!

Peace Giggles

Katie Jeanne said...

Oh, hey! This is a cool idea! Thanks for sharing.

Laney said...

Oh I love this! What a wonderful and fun idea!! Happy PPF!

DVArtist said...

Love love love these boots. I am with you. Fix em up, paint em up and go with a new trend. Well done my friend.

Renee Dowling said...

Wow, what a neat idea!

Lynda Shoup said...

Sandeee!!!! You are absolutely rocking these boots! The way you combined these elements to make a cohesive whole is smashing. I wish I had a pair of boots so I could copy you! Everything about these is fabulous!

NatureFootstep said...

great art on the boots :)

Craftychris said...

oh my goodness! These are awesome and sooooo cool! xxx

Beth Niquette said...

I ADORE your boots! Wowie! So great. Fills my eyes, which is the greatest compliment I can give.

I also enjoyed the song by Nancy Sinatra. LOL The step they did at the beginning and the end is called "The Pony." LOL It was taught to my dance class in the late 1960's. LOL

Thanks for sharing that! :D

BLOGitse said...

What a great idea to have...new boots! Well done!

Gwen Lafleur said...

This is so awesome Sandee - fabulous idea, and the execution was a knock-out!