Friday, December 15, 2017

Believe

Vintage Vibe - German & English Scrap

Angels & Cherubs Double Sheet
Children with Signs

In December, Gwen's Artist Tribe is focusing on creative ways to use Dresden Trim and English/German Scrap. You can save 15% when you order any Dresden or Scrap during December. Details are on the coupon below.

No automatic alt text available.

Here is my box that I painted along with Kae Pea in her Let’s Get Makey Premium club using DecoArt paints, Rubbermoon stamps and Gwen Lafleur's

Vintage Vibe - German & English Scrap



I fell in love with the Children with Signs  (Vintage Vibe - German & English Scrap) because I have these small sentiment stamps from Rubbermoon which I immediately envisioned using with the pieces.


Embossed foil paper trims, also known as Victorian Scrap or recently as "Dresdens"
They are made of embossed, die-cut metallic foil paper.

These old-fashion styled Dresden trims are sooooooooo cool to work with. They have a fabulous metal look to them but in reality are easily bendable and mold around corners like butter!


And I am still crushing on this silk from Darn Good Yarn, love the colors, love the little frayed bits and bobs and especially love the feel of silk! I also adore the bronze Hamsa charm to the paint brush handle. According to Aristotle, the hand is the "tool of tools" so I figured it would be a perfect addition to the paint brush. 

I popped her up with some glue dots and added a small old and broken paint brush and then painted doodles along the edges.

It was easy to cut the background paper after stamping to fit the inside of the box and then glue a word bead along with a teeny tiny butterfly from the collage sheet just for fun.

Adding my painted box to the Paint Party Friday link up!


12 comments:

carol l mckenna said...

What a divine creation ~ so creative for PPF

Happy Weekend to you,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka A Creative Harbor

Edzellinni aka Linda Edkins Wyatt said...

Omgggg! This is too fabulous! I love everything about it, every nuance. One of my very favorites...now I want to make one too🎨😀

Lynda Shoup said...

Sandee, what a brilliant idea to put that Dresden around the edge of the box. It looks perfect. I also love the way you decorated the paintbrush. Those elements are smoking hot. Not to mention how adorable it looks open. Loved everything about this.

Giggles said...

Absolutely fabulous post!! Stunning art box, every beautiful detail is amazing!! I have always loved hands and have a mosaic hand that is my favourite piece of art. Hearing that Aristotle quote makes complete sense to me!! Very inspirational post...thank you!

Peace Giggles

Jean said...

You never cease to amaze me!

Christine said...

Lovely work!

Valerie-Jael said...

What a beautiful creation! The vintage German scrap is always very pretty. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

RubberMoon said...

Fantastic!! I absolutely love it and so happy you got makey with me!!!

Pam said...

What a lovely creation! I love all of the little details!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is awesome! Love all the little details. xxx

Gwen Lafleur said...

This is such a cool little box Sandee... I love all of the little details you added - turned out great!

Jackie PN said...

Absolutely, positively Fabulously,gorgeous and cool Sandee!! What a brilliant idea!!
I love the black with the gold, It really does show so well!
and the insides are so clever- love that wording- it speaks to me as I am sure to many!
Merry Christmas my sister in art!
hugs & love,Jackie