Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Moon blessing

Hi everyone, something a little different today. I am up on the ColourArte blog and please visit me HERE and check out my video on doing an
 acrylic Moon Pour.

One of things I didn't go in depth on in the video was the writing of the moon blessing. I know there are many of us that don't like our own handwriting on our art and kinda cringe to even think about it. 
I just think we don't give it enough focus!


This is the finished version, and I think it looks OK, but it does have a few "layers" to get to this point.

When I first write it out with my Signo white pen it looks pretty weak, The lines are thin and have no emphasis so I go back over the "down strokes" with a liner brush and some Siam White Opaque White.

I use stencils to give me flourishes and I use the same method of refining with thicker strokes.

All in all I would say I make at least 3 passes over my writing to make it bolder and pretty much treat my handwriting like my art, meaning using layers upon layers to build it up. 

It, like my art is in no way perfect, but I'm just trying to be the best I can be.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Looks wonderful!

Pam said...

I think it looks just great! I love that sentiment!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com