Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Photoshoot for Bold Life #ARTifacts


I'll need to retype this one, lol LOTS of typing mistakes! Trying to do something in a hurry is NOT good when you are NOT a good typist. I'm really not sure if it's my ole age or my dependency on technology that has made me such a typing diaster...or maybe it's a combination of the two?
Re-typed and I STILL have a mistake, however, I am gonna' pen the "e" in on this one and call it done!

Here is a picture of my friend Jamie reading the article. She came to visit me for the art show. It's lovely to have a valued friend like her.

I'm rather fortunate to have been in one of our local magazines approximately once a year, I may not be big and famous 
and probably never will be,
 but I do get my Andy Warhol moments:
"15 minutes of fame is short-lived media publicity or celebrity of an individual or phenomenon. The expression was inspired by Andy Warhol's words "In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes", which appeared in the program for a 1968 exhibition of his work.  Photographer Nat Finkelstein claims credit for the expression, stating that he was photographing Warhol in 1966 for a proposed book. A crowd gathered trying to get into the pictures and Warhol supposedly remarked that everyone wants to be famous, to which Finkelstein replied, "Yeah, for about fifteen minutes, Andy." The phenomenon is often used in reference to figures in the entertainment industry or other areas of popular culture, such as reality television and YouTube"...or maybe your hometown magazine :)

I'm really glad to be documenting this year with Seth Apter's #ARTifacts where we journal our art adventures whatever they may be :)
Artifacts for March can be found here.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Congrats to you!