Saturday, January 21, 2017

journaling my thoughts...

Hi everyone, I created an art journal page that I am entering in
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge

I used one of MaryBeth Shaw's StencilGirl stencils that I got from Stencil Club.
I love January's stencils!

 I used the large one for my background.

I'm also embracing my Goddess Archetype and gearing up for 29 Faces in February .I've never done this and am looking forward to it.

I used my ColourArte Ultra Vivid Metallic paints through the stencil and let them act as a resist when I did a wash of Twinkling H20's over them. Love the effect and I have a video HERE if you want to see how I did this technique.

I even got to use my WOTY - Adversity in it!

Still "unfollowing" friends on Facebook...sigh...I am so tired of seeing how hateful some people are, enough is enough! I'm tired of the right and left wing media stirring the pot and getting people who aren't aware that they are being lead around like sheep so worked up! I'm tired of celebrities who think their 2 cents worth of political advice is something I care about and so disappointed in friends who do think that what a celeb has to say is noteworthy.


5 comments:

Jean said...

This is wonderful!!!

anna said...

I hear you, Sandi! Beautifully detailed art journaling! I still haven't received my Jan stencils! It's hard waiting!!

froebelsternchen said...

Such beautiful pages and portrait!
Susi from
FROEBELSTERNCHEN
ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE
MOO-MANIA & MORE -CHALLENGE

Unknown said...

I LOVE that stencil from this month's kit - awesome! And I love her face - wonderful! I struggle with faces - so I always admire great faces! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

Lynne Forsythe said...

FANTABULOUS journal page!! just love the technique you used! Thank you for joining along with The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.