Friday, September 23, 2016

lackadaisical

adjective
1.
without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic:
a lackadaisical attempt.
2.
lazy; indolent:
a lackadaisical fellow.
...lethargic, listless, lazy, uninspired....sigh...

Some days I just can't think of anything that I want to paint...or draw....or anything. I just don't feel inspired, but I feel like I should do something. At least if I was motivated to go work in the garden, walk around the park or even ( heaven forbid ) clean house, then at least I would be doing something!
 I'm bored, bored, bored
I did spend a few minutes this morning requesting that my library invest in some more art books...it's the least they could do to rouse my muse, who seems to have disappeared on me...yet again. 

So I wandered back into the art studio and pulled out my Gel Plate® and just played, with absolutely no goal in mind. That's usually the best time to do abstract art...maybe it will be a background for another piece or perhaps it should be left alone?


What do you do when your muse abandons you?

5 comments:

Ineke said...

I know the feeling, for weeks now. I might visit a museum this weekend to find some inspiration

Unknown said...

I can totally relate! Sometimes I come up with my best ideas when I am feeling this way. What is that Picasso quote, "Inspiration exists but it must find you working?" You go girl!!!

Jean said...

Looks like your muse found yoU!

Pam said...

Yep, been there! I love how your project turned out! It has so much depth to it and pretty fall colors (since it doesn't look like we are going to have Fall) !
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Paula F (MuseOfMixedMedia.blogspot.com) said...

Your pages came out beautifully! Wonderful depth.