Saturday, February 27, 2016

Making my own

Hi everyone, Sandee here today with some Easter cards that I created using some
background papers and a block printing technique that is easy to do. The 
technique is called a Relief print because the ink adheres to the parts of the plate 
that haven't been etched into.
This is a great way to create a focal point on your beautiful gel printed
instrument. ( dull pencil, or a retracted ballpoint pen )
I also embellished the printed images with some gel prints that I stamped and cut out and
then adhered them to the paper.
I am entering this one in Simon Monday Challenge : Inspired By A Song
which is....drumroll please....lol
Peter Cottontail Lyrics sung by Gene Autrey
Tim Holtz Crazy Things stamps are the perfect additions!
 
I have a short video explaining how to make the etchings in the styrofoam and
then a slideshow showing the steps to printing using the block, plus as a bonus I added some of my 
favorite prints that I pulled too!

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Well how fun is that!! I love the anticipation of seeing how the print turns out when you lift the styrofoam.

Jean said...

So cute!

Pam said...

Cute cards! Oh no, now I'll be saving Styrofoam containers. I made carved printing blocks in High School (a long time ago). Loved the Here comes Peter Cotton Tale song! A blast from my past.
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Mary Kay Lyons-McDonnell said...

Very cute! and just in time for Easter too!! I love the bunny ears on the Chick very retro!!

MisS MiKO said...

should have known you would have a post.. to go with the video.. :) This card is lovely!