Sunday, August 23, 2015

Leaf skeletons

So.....Pinterest gets me into so much trouble! I saw this tutorial on making your own leaf skeletons and I thought to myself ( and please notethis is where I start getting into all kinds of trouble...by thinking...) I could do that too!

 I already had the washing soda and dedicated materials for the project, so I was all set. I was sure I could even do what they said couldn't be done...my mulberry leaves. They said it would be too fragile, that thick waxy leaves work best.... ppppfftt, what do they know?....evidently they know more than I do, lol My poor mulberry leaf basically disintegrated into mush. Which "leaves" me... ( sorry, couldn't resist the pun ) with a dilemma for a project that I am working on for my next Arnold Grummer post.

 But I'll work on that later. For today, here is the result of 3 hours, of boiling and gently scraping the mystery leaves....
Now, if this had been the results from the Mulberry bush then I would have been quite content with the time and effort spent, but as it stands, buy the darn leaf skeletons...so much easier! I know I will.

Now, what to do with my mulberry bush leaf idea...hmmm...I wonder if Pinterest has any ideas?....

3 comments:

Jean said...

Can't wait to see what you do next!

Unknown said...

Those are so cool, at least you gave it a try even tho you are going to buy them in the future. You saved all of us a lot of time by letting us know the process, thank you :)

Carole Z said...

Well you certainly did a superb job, despite the hours! Hugs Carole Z X