Sunday, May 25, 2014

Complementary colors

Two colors directly opposite one another on the color wheel. When placed next to one another, complementary colors are intensified and often appear to vibrate. When mixed, brown or gray is created. Red and green, blue and orange, and yellow and violet have the greatest degree of contrast. Red-violet and yellow-green, red-orange and blue-green, and yellow-orange and blue-violet are also complementary colors

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, as a "plein artist", what do you need to carry? At first, I thought I would carry the basics, first I decorated a plastic box to keep all my Peerless watercolors dry.
 All my Peerless colors are organized, labeled and sampled with a sheet of plastic for protection between each layer.
Then I thought I only needed a few water brushes and a pencil and I would be set. Tucked it all into this little bag.
 But then when I used it one day while out with a friend, I found I was using up most of the table space with everything spread out. I also found myself wishing I had this or that and taking them home to finish up later when I had the rest of my stuff to play with.
That's when I remembered I had this little caddy that I use to carry around with me when I went to scrapbooking crops! So now I have a tray to carry all my Twinkling H20's and my Lindy's Magicals...
 Even my TH spritzer tool to get all those nifty little dots I love so much! And my gelatos too, now I might actually use them more...
 Not only my brushes and pencils but my watercolor pencils...yay!
 And a pocket on the front for my keys and money!
 OK, so now it weighs a ton, but who cares? It's not like I'm going hiking with it and I know have a lot more to play with with when I am out and about! I can even carry my watercolor crayons with me!
I am so ready for my next plein air adventure!!

5 comments:

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

grrrrr i wasnt finished.. daggone brook.. now let me go google plein!!!

Anna said...

Looks great! I love having my tote sitting on my desk with everything handy and ready to use. It's too big to throw in my tote bag for work, but for going out it is going to be great.
Now if I just had someone here local to join me down at the waterfront.

Jean said...

Glad I wasn't the only one who has heard Sandee use that term and not know what it means. I really need to put together a kit for the cottage. Problem is I don't have that much stuff so if I take there I will miss it here. Yours looks great!

Carole Z said...

Love your tote bag, all ready to go! Hugs Carole Z X

Winnie said...

Now that is organization! I was just packing supplies to take on Thurs to the SSS Create class, and of course, my bag is not as orderly. I am a nut about labeling all my supplies, so they come home with me. When I return, I think I will be setting myself up like you! Thanks for the tips