Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Try it on Tuesday - Handmade Flowers


Challenge 10th September - Hand made flowers

Trying a new adventure for the Art MoB, making prayer journals. If they don't sell, then I'll donate them to the children's Christmas fund, but hopefully someone will like them.


First, I traced ( yes, ::gasp:: traced ) the flowers onto the painted cover. Then colored in the flowers with acrylic paint. Next, I traced a couple of the flowers onto a light orangey-yellow card stock and fussy cut them out. After adhering them onto the cover I covered them with stickles and while wet, slightly bent the edges of the petals upward and let them dry curled. I added 3 different size gems, one into the center of each flower.

Helmar - 450 Quick Dry Adhesive, Gemstone Glue
Ranger - Distress Paint, stickles, liquid pearls
Dylusions White Linen
( loving this white spray, it shows up on everything, even on top of yellow! )
Apple Barrel - acrylic paint
Copics - marker ( binding and outlining )

also entering my Prayer Journal into:

Anything But a Card - #27 Hit the Books
{my sweet earth}- September Create to Live Challenge
Made with Repix (http://repix.it)

12 comments:

Jean said...

Love the colors on this!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

these flowers are just perfect

Bee and Dee said...

A lovely prayer journal, I might copy the idea to make one for Debbie. I love flowers and layout. Hugs from the hills of North Yorkshire. Hugs Bee

Meggymay said...

Beautiful book cover, love the flowers and the happy colours you used.
Yvonne x

die amelie said...

Lovely flowers, lovely colours....lovely everything! What a beautiful make, Sandee!

I cannot imagine why anyone could NOT like them!

Hugs,
Claudia x

Katie said...

Wow! I cannot believe you traced those flowers! That is a lot of work. But it all looks beautiful. Especially the colors you chose.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal is beautiful! Valerie

Pam said...

This is just beautiful Sandee!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Mrs.B said...

Hi Sandee, love the colours you've used on this. Fabulous flowers.
Avril xx

MaryH said...

Love the autumn feel on this journal. Sounds like a very good idea to make a prayer journal...surely we can all use one of these. Loved the traced on flowers and the fussy cuts you added. TFS

Gita said...

Such a cheery color. Hope they do well!!

Lisette Baker said...

This is so beautiful, I'm sure you will sell them. I love the colours and all the little embellishments you have added. Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.