Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dame: noun

Used formerly as a courtesy title for a woman in authority or a mistress of a household.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone, this post will be a little picture heavy but well worth it: if you like humor, and adorable cuteness anyway! ::wink:: I have had the honor and the extreme pleasure of trying out Kim Hughes new mini album kit called "Oh, what a Dame", featuring the Glitz Designs Cashmere Dame embellishments and papers! I haven't had this much fun in awhile, it's a fantastic kit. She does provide you with step by step instructions or you can just make it anyway you want! It makes for a fun girlfriend album, or an All about Me album, or like the one I made, a mini album filled with sassy quotes....I call it..
"Quote this"
I just love the retro images in this kit! Kim gives you ribbons, gems, tulle...all sorts of goodies to have fun with! I added quotes, and drew figures, but Kim leaves you lots of room to do whatever you want! A great kit leaves the imagination free to roam!
I enjoy altering embellishments like the typed paper that came with the chipboard typewriter. I printed out my own saying, cut it size and then cut a slit into the typewriter and slipped what I wrote into it. The top of the paper has a pop dot strip under it which gives lift and dimension.
I used one of my favorite techniques, printing out sentiments on the computer and tracing over it with my Faber Castell Pitt Pens using my up light box. It gives it a handwritten apperarance, but so perfect and even!

 I also like to print out a saying, hold it over the up light box and then tape a shape or a scrap piece of paper over what I printed and then run it back through the printer. Perfect placement every time! The sentiment in the heart was created that way, and then I hand stitched around the edges before adhereing to the page.
The 2 pages side by side.
 I love using my Dymo Label Maker, which in it's own right has a very retro look to it.
The folders are not only cute but gives the mini album and interactive element.
I fussy cut the bathing beauty out of one of the cards that came with kit, and Kim gives you detailed directions on how to make the Gorgeous Dame banner hanging on the hanger.
I love fun quotes that make me laugh, not everything has to be serious all the time, and Pinterest sure has supplied me with a ton of humor!
 
I love changing an embellishment, you don't have to accept it for what is is. Case in point, the wording on this tag isn't what I needed so I covered their words up using my Dymo Label Maker, therefore making it my own.

I fussy cut the flowers from scraps and added them to the inside and the outside portions of the folder. Nothing should go to waste in this beautiful kit! 
Even the Cricut got involved, I cut the wine glass from the French Manor Cartridge, colored in the wine with the Faber Castell Art Grip Aquarelle pencil and then used my water brush to smooth out the look, adding a small touch of Ranger's Antique Linen Distress stickles for a few sparkles. 
The friendship quote is the perfect way to end this mini album, all ready to be dedicated to that special friend. The inside of the letters were filled in with my Ranger Distress Marker, Broken China.
I would love for you to pop over to Kim's blog ( Lazy Cowgirl )and tell her what a wonderful job she did putting this together. She has really been busy putting this together, as soon as she gives me a price for it, I will post it, plus the link where you can order one for yourself!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

You can purchase Kim's "Oh, What a Dame!" mini album from her Etsy store for ONLY $20.00!! Wow!! What a great deal folks, I hope you rush over there and get one!
 

15 comments:

Kim said...

OH MY SANDEE!!!!!
I love yours better than mine :) You have done the kit justice and I am so proud you made it your own. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Ok.... made me cry. :)
HUGS!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Wonderful journal with lots of fun elements and I love your found quotes.
Thanks for the idea about printing onto the exact space you need it on a paper embellishment. :0) Mo

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, Kim has done an amazing job finding all the bits and pieces for this album and you have done a stellar job putting it all together. Love the pics and all the quotes - so many are so true. Thanks for the giggles! Anne x

Jean said...

This is just so much fun!!!

Rita said...

I loved the quotes!! When I hear "dame" it makes me think of the movie South Pacific--LOL! This is just charming! :)

scrappymo! said...

This is so great...makes me smile!

Teresa Jaye said...

This is adorable Sandee and looks like loads of fun to put together - very nice! The Dymo label maker was the perfect addition. Thanks for the tip about tracing over a printed sentiment - I'm going to give that a try for sure.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love your sense of humor and your fabulous take on this book from the kit Kim put together. I'm sure it will be a big seller. Of course, with all the added embellishments, dymo sentiments, and die cuts, you made it your own.

Julia S-W said...

So much fun, laughter and warmth in one small book Sandee. What a stunning job you've done here!!
Juliaxx

Kalea Wavedancer said...

Love the way it turned out!

Pat N. said...

OMG, Sandee, I just LOVE this mini-album! You took the kit and ran with it, lady! Wouldn't expect anything less. It's funny and fabulous!

Katie said...

Oh, this is amazing!

I love all of the quotes! They are too funny!

Venus said...

very good job on the quote book. i had fun reading through the pages :-) TFS


venus
http://sisterscraftcafe.blogspot.com

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Jean said...

You rocked this!!!