Thursday, October 18, 2012

hooked: adjective ( slang )

 Captivated by or devoted to a custom or thing
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love color, it's no lie, so when I saw the Helmar Monthly October Color challenge I was hooked. I also LOVED the picture of the flower that was the color inspiration too...double hooked! I actually didn't even want to alter the picture, if I had water droplets, I would have added those too!
Here is mine, I did a hanging canvas for my Art MoB studio. You can see all my wall hangings if you click on the tab at the top of my screen that says Wall Hangings for the Art MoB.
 
 
And if you want to see the progression of how I made it, here is a slide show. I really fought the background as you will see, in the end, it's black, just like the color inspiration. I just couldn't get that color combination out of my head. I told you I liked the picture! lol I used my Helmars Gemstone Adhesive for all the colored gems.
 
 
Products in order of use:
( opinion of products are purely my own )
 
Daler Rowney Gesso ( applied with an advertisement credit card, who says junk mail is all bad ?)
Atlas page maps ( really wasted this, since you can't see them in the end )
Art Word stencil ( another waste in the end )
Lil Davis Designs - Mint Glitter Glaze
Glimmer Mists ( Popsicle ,Peach Delight, and Candy Apple red )
water mist
Patio Paint - Petunia, Fern Green
Apple Barrel - Black Gloss, Pumpkin Orange
Delta Ceramcoat - Bright Red
blotted with wax paper
Faber Castell - Metallic Gelato ( used dry and rubbed with my finger to smooth it out )
Allene's Tacky Glue ( give it a moment to set up before adding twine )
Twine ( colored with the Galaxy marker )
American Crafts Galaxy Marker - ( LOVE this white marker! )
Reminisce Black pen
Me & My Big Ideas - colored gems
Studio 18 - gem
Helmars Gemstone Adhesive ( awesome stuff, especially since I am clumsy and kept smearing glue on my gems, but you can never tell once it's dried!!!! )
Reminisce sticker letter ( had to use glue under the letters to get them to stick to the gloss paint )
Pitt Pens - Black
White Reminisce pen
swirl - Don Juan cartridge
beads - misc.

9 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Another for the Art MOB...good for you! You have been creating up a storm!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not only am I impressed with your sign, I'm also impressed with your video. For some reason, I can't watch YouTube videos anymore, so yours gives me confidence it's not my computer! Thanks for sharing all your steps. I can relate to rework!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

amazing! looks awesome

Shoshi said...

Sandee, this is a gorgeous project! I really like the black textured background. The slideshow was very interesting, but I'd love some text explanation of how you got the fabulous effects! It's brilliant.

Shoshi

Katie said...

The colors are awesome! I love the black background, because it really makes everything pop!

Redanne said...

Hi Sandee, your sign is wonderful and I love the colours you have used. The slide show is excellent, nice to see how it all came together. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Julia S-W said...

Gorgeous colourful hanging Sandee! I love how you've composed this too. Great to see how it all came together.
Juliaxx

Barb King said...

I'm with you there, I love those colors, and the flower would not be the same without the droplets. Nice take on that!

Kim said...

Sandee! I love this one too!!! Stalking again. :)
The techniques are amazing.