Saturday, February 8, 2014

Atmospheric perspective

 A technique used by painters for representing three-dimensional space on a flat two-dimensional surface by creating the illusion of depth, or recession within a painting or drawing. Atmospheric perspective suggests that objects closer to the viewer are sharper in detail, color intensity, and value contrast than those farther away. As objects move closer to the horizon they gradually fade to a bluish gray and details blur, imitating the way distant objects appear to the human eye. Also called aerial perspective.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frosted Designs Kit - Shades of Spring

Being inspired by the dots, I used the stencil from the kit and the dauber to add a random line up the right hand side. I also added some layering of star and round sequins for that added layer. The sticker supplied the large word going across.

Because I am such a linear person, the hardest part is adding embellishments randomly, so I sprinkled them in the general area where I needed them to be and glued them down where they fell. It took a lot of my angst away by using that technical method, lol


11 comments:

Sandy said...

Love the texture in that background and those sparkly stars.. Very pretty..
Vicki :)

Vicki said...

really nice. I don't do many cards but I should. And then I should actually send them, lol. You are so creative

Tamiko McCurry (MEKOfoSHO) said...

<3

Jean said...

Very cool!

Carole Z said...

Love it - great texture effect, hugs Carole Z X

Laura Davis said...

Stunning, love the ink!
Laura

MaryH said...

Oh I DO like this one. Very cool and artistic. Like the stenciling, love the shaded colors too. TFS & Hugs

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love your technique to get randomness. I get angst over trying to be random too. I am going to try it your way sometime and see. I read somewhere that you should build "visual triangles" with your random bits which ensures odd numbers that I understand the eye likes better. You eye likes triangles too I think was the other reason for that. My triangles get pretty long and pointy.... I like your sort of partially there circles from the stencil. Neat addition to the card.

Craftychris said...

Wow this is so arty, I really love it! I find random really difficult xx

mytherapyroom said...

I need to build up my card stash again. I plan on doing just that in a few weeks with a girlfriend at a weekend crop. Love this one and your technique for ensuring the randomness of your embellishments....LOL. Great job my friend.
hugs,
Yvonne

cbuswell said...

Love the background, great texture. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!