Saturday, August 24, 2013

vapor: verb

to rise or pass off in vapor 

 to emit vapor

to indulge in bragging, blustering, or idle talk

pronunciation
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CASE Study Challenge #154


and here is my card:

I did not choose the bright pretty colors but was inspired by the stamping on pattern paper and the separation on said paper into strips that I think look like tiles.

Now I wouldn't call this a hard card to create but it took me 2 tries to get it right, so on the second try I took pictures of how I did it, so maybe you won't have to make my mistakes! First I cut the white background to an approximate size I wanted for the face of the card, then cut my pattern paper into strip and taped them down on top of my graphed glass mat so that I could stamp my image onto them.

You can see that I numbered the strips, yes, the first go around I mixed up the strips :(  
That's what you get for watching TV while crafting...
So, this time I glued the strips down in the proper order!
Next I trimmed the edges of the mat to fit the front of the card, and then stamped the sentiment. 
It really was an easy card to make....I promise!

Hero Arts - corner stamp
S.E.I - papers
CARDZTV - sentiment
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have just completed an art piece to raise money for our town clock, if you would like to see it, please feel free to go here and I sure wouldn't mind a "like" or 2...:) I wonder if anyone will bid on it, it is a little funky, lol I did forget to add what I wrote on the back on the piece in my article, it's dedicated to a young boy, so I'll post the back inscription here
 Kinda hoping that his parents buy it and put it in his room :)

8 comments:

Pat N. said...

The stamping turned out great! Neat effect. Enjoyed your story about the clock, great painting!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my sandy, this is my new fave!!! stunning

Channa said...

Its such a lovely card!pretty colors
Greetings from sunny greece channa

Winnie said...

Such a great take on the inspiration piece, love the neutral colors you chose. I popped over and enjoyed your story and amazing piece. Love seeing the world from a child's eyes! What a great piece, hope it raises a lot of money!

Pam said...

Beautiful! I stamping love how you stamped on the different cardstock!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Nana said...

Absolutely beautiful. Love how it looks like tiles.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Katie said...

Love the tiles! And what a great tip for stamping onto all of them at once!

Gita said...

Very pretty! Love the tiled look.